top of page

Minutes - 9 November 2021

Minutes - 9 November 2021


Minutes of Crowton Parish Council held on

Tuesday 9th November 2021 at 7.15 p.m. Crowton Village Hall



Cllr Elizabeth Stubbs(Chair),Cllr Richard Thorne (vice Chair), Cllr Ralph Oultram, Cllr Robert Stubbs, Cllr Ross McCrickerd, Cllr Jennifer Currie, Cllr Roger Hammond, Ward Cllr Paul Williams, Clerk T Whitlow


Apologies for Absence were received from: Cllr Joel Rutter, Ward Cllrs Gillian Edwards & Charles Fifield


Declarations of Members’ Interests –Cllr Ross Mc Crickerd – Hare & Hounds ACV


Approve Minutes The minutes of the Parish Council meeting on Tuesday 19th October were approved & signed by the chair


Matters arising from Minutes of 19/11/2021–

(1) Seat for Millennium Green- this has now arrived, BS to organise working party with JR

(2) Website – J Whitlow is working on the new website

(3)Phone box electrics –clerk to chase up electrician to check the light fittings and change if possible, as PC only pay a standing charge the phone boxes could have lighting at no extra cost

(4) 21/03527/FUL Little Brook Farm construction of welfare and overnight groom facilities, and new access – clerk reported that following contact with planning this was one application and as such access will be moved, so no objection was put forward.

(5) Agricultural building Pingot Lane – Clerk reported that although contacting planning she has had no response as to whether this has, or needs planning permission. Clerk to follow up

(6) Asset of Community Value (ACV) Hare & Hounds – After further discussion it was decided to apply for this again, although originally registered when the Pub seemed to be struggling, this is no longer the case, but it is the only pub in the village and as such Cllr’s felt that an AVC could only be helpful to its future.







Planning Applications –



Correspondence –

(1)  Parish Council field – Clerk reported that the lease is due for renewal on 28/02/22, currently on a 5 year lease, the current occupiers would like to continue to rent the larger field but not the smaller one – Deferred until next meeting


Defibrillator Update–

(1)RM reported that the defibrillator that he has organised the fundraising for has been ordered and should be in place by Christmas.

Village Hall defibrillator – The village Hall have decided to still go ahead with an outside defibrillator, they have currently raised £400 towards this, there followed a discussion on how the PC could help. It was decided that the PC would make a donation of £200 towards this, RM to also advise the VH committee to apply for a Members Budget grant towards the cost



SID’s update –

Meeting with Highways took place Monday 8th November. Steve Bentley (Highways) still not happy with changing the location of the SID’s, although stated that if the Cllr’s chosen locations were still preferred then to carry on, as this was only verbal clerk to confirm in writing that this is correct, still awaiting the quote from Highways to move original SID from Kinsley Road to Bent Lane

Cllr PW suggested that PC write to Police & Crime Commissioner to ask for a donation towards SID’s, agreed.

Cllr P Williams left the meeting 20.00hrs




Resilience Plan -

A meeting has been arranged to take place on 23/11/21 with Cllr Gillian Edwards, JC & RM to attend, possibly RH, to feed back information next month





Budget 2021/2022

Clerk had prepared a draft budget, which was discussed, to be further discussed at the next meeting before deciding on the precept for the next financial year



Payments agreed:

(1) Cllr E Stubbs refund for plants purchased for planters £83

(2) Agreed to pay for Village Christmas tree when it arrives at the end of the month



Any other business/village issues –

JC reported that a neighbour who works with a group of volunteers throughout Cheshire would be willing to help with ground work on the Millennium Green.

All agreed that there help would be welcome, JC to have a meeting with them to discuss.



Items for next agenda –

SID’s update

Parish Council field

Village Resilience Plan update


Date for next meeting – Tuesday 14th December2021

The meeting closed at 8.15 p.m.

Signed:  Dated:

bottom of page